Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Girls Night Out - American Idol Concert







Okay, I admit it!  I'm a David Archuleta fan!  And this year, for whatever reason, I became a part of the "cast your vote for your favorite American Idol contestant" craze.  So when I bought tickets for the American Idol concert in Salt Lake City, I wondered if I would be the oldest person at the E-Center completely surrounded by screaming thirteen-year old girls begging to be the next Mrs. Archuletta!  

Monday night, Ashley, Bethany, and I had one of those rare "girls night out," and other than getting stuck in stand-still traffic near the E-Center, we had a lot of fun being a part of the hoop-la. 

Since Randy, Paula, and Simon are on vacation and after seeing the AI Tour, here's "my take" of the whole American Idol phenomenon:  (1) Television doesn't do these singers justice:  all of the contestants are far beyond the word "amateur."  (2) Even better in person: Michael Johns, David Archuleta, and David Cook.  Overrated: Ramiele, Jason Castro, and Syesha.  Surprises: Kristy Lee Cook and Chikezie. Just what I thought: Brooke and Carly.  (3) Okay, I admit it, the viewers did get it right:  David Cook is amazing--both as a singer and performer.  But Archuleta still brought the house down when he sang "Angels" and "When You Say You Love Me"--such a rare talent and still so humble!  I can't wait to buy his C.D.  

What was the best part of the night?  Spending it with "my two girls!"  


9 comments:

Ashley said...

It was sooooo fun! Thanks!

Bonny said...

We went to the concert too! Dev,
Dani, Andrew and I and the Hallows.
It was a great concert.

Brasher family said...

Mrs. Burr!! It's so fun to see that you have a blog! It looks like you are enjoying things in Lehi! Thanks for leaving a comment. Now I know you have a blog, I can check in to see what you guys are up to!

Jenn said...

This blogging world is really amazing. I'm finding SO many people with blogs-- it's so fun!
I'd forgotten you and Craig had moved to Lehi. It sounds like you're really enjoying it there. When I read your AM Bike ride post it reminded me of all the early cheer mornings when you and Jan would walk/run at the track. Good memories.

Bethany said...

These pictures are perfect! I can't wait for next year. Hopefully the contestants are just as good next time around. Thank you!

The Quarnbergs said...

You know-living in the city definitely has it's perks and concerts are one of them! That looks so fun! i liked David Cook-so it's good to hear that he is still performing great! The Lehi Round up is the ind of June every year- I can't believe that you missed all the stuff going on-you really must have been zoned out! It is all that 5:30 am bike riding! I bet your kids are so glad to have you close! Well we still miss you down our way!

Adam and Dev said...

yeah. . .we were there too! It was amazing. It was crazy how loud it was for the two Davids! My mom does not have a blog right now, just a blogger account to leave comments, but we are trying to get her to make one. Hope life is going GREAT for you! Tell Daddy Burr hello from me!

Chandler*Ashley*Breagan said...

I just have to tell you how JEALOUS I am that you got to see my boy David Cook! I love him!!! It was also good to see that you have a blog page! It's not the same since you moved out of our cute little neighborhood!! :( Hope all is going well!

Katelyn said...

Hey Jackie!! I can't figure out this whole blogging world quite yet =] Yep I Tyrel and I have been dating for about a year and a half now it's a little crazy and so convenient!! How is everything. I work in Lehi and live in American Fork so we should go out to dinner sometime I would love to see you and daddy Burr!!